Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Introduction

Hi! Welcome to my new blog! My name is Brittany and I am a 4th grade teacher in Ohio. I have wanted to make a blog about teaching for quite some time, but I never really knew what direction I wanted to go in. Then recently I took a professional development class through my school district and loved what I learned. I knew right away I wanted to share it, but what was the best way to do that? A blog!

This year I am going into my third year of teaching, so I am still in "survival mode" as I call it! I am slowly incorporating my own ideas or ideas shared from others into my classroom. There are so many websites that that I have booked marked on my computer, and when I want to go back and try to find one idea I read about, I never can find it! I often say, "where did I find that article on...." when I have 20 articles in my folder. I want this blog to be a resource for teachers to come to to get ideas from other teachers.They may use every idea or they may use one. A blog is nice because you can book mark single ideas instead of the entire thing.

The key to making this blog work is YOU!! I can blog every day about my new idea or experience, but then you would only get ideas from me. While I do have some good ones I am excited to share with you, I am still learning so much. That is where I need your help. I want this blog to be made up of hundreds of authors, including you. I want to hear your new ideas. I want to know what works or doesn't work in your classroom. Did you go to a great professional development class and want to share with someone? Here is your place!!

So here is your homework...find a topic your passionate about, an article you want to share, or just a little piece of advice. Write it up in an email (with your name and blog address if you have one) and email it to me at FTDOblog@gmail.com.  I will post the entries {the emails} in the order in which I receive them.

I really hope that this becomes a great resource for all teachers! Don't forget to tell your friends about it and start sending me your emails!!!

3 comments: